36 step Tattoo Training Course
The courses offered by the Skinart Tattoo Academy in our tattoo studios cover all aspects of tattooing. Our master tattooist will cover the basics as well as many other aspects of tattooing. All the secrets of tattooing will be covered on this comprehensive course.
TATTOO ARTIST COURSE SUBJECTS
The following list is just a few of the subjects covered in 36 step Tattoo Training Course.
1- History and traditions of Tattoos.
The History of tattoos around the world as well as South Africa is the introduction to the course and the development of old school and new school techniques.
2- Tattoo equipment list.
After completing your course you will need to go off and buy all the necessary equipment and consumables to successfully do tattoos on your own so this list saves lots of time.
3- Tattoo Art technique.
We cover all tattoo styles and themes on the course so that you will have a well rounded knowledge of the industry. We aill also provide you with basic skills that will enable you to produce professional custom artwork and various artistic techniques.
4- Operational technique – Tattoo aftercare.
Aftercare is of vital importance to the outcome of the finished tattoo. The Tattooer can only do his best to apply the tattoo, it is then up to the customer to look after the tattoo through the critical healing process. There are important tips that have been learnt over many years that we will discuss and we provide you with the document to give to your customers
5- Tattoo Traces / Stencils.
Printing stencils and developing stencils are of vital importance to doing a good tattoo. If you start of with a poor trace you will end up with a poor tattoo. There are many different ways to produce and apply a trace, on the course we will learn many of the best methods.
6- Tattoo Composition and Design
7- Tattoo Equipment setup
8-Tattoo Machine tuning
10- Grips Tips and Tubes
11- Tattoo Inks
12- Devices and materials of the workspace
13- Organizing the workspace
14- Assembling the machine
10. Motifs or Designs
11. Sketching the “pattern”
12. Placement of the motifs and the curvature of the body
13. Building up the motifs in practice
14. The use of Photoshop and digital pattern design
15. Methods of applying the Trace on the skin
16. Disinfection and sterilization
17. What can or cannot be accomplished through tattooing – recovery issues
18. Preparing our equipment and workspace for tattooing
23. Color order
24. Cover up
25. The complete theoretical process of simple tattooing
26. The complete theoretical process of black-and-white tattoos
27. The complete theoretical process of color tattoos
28. General techniques of tattooing
29. Follow-up tasks once a tattoo is completed
30. Follow-up tasks in the workspace once a tattoo is completed
31. Follow-up tasks for clients once a tattoo is complete
32. Photography of the completed tattoos
One option would be to by hunderds of different inks, this is fine if you have the money but a good artist can mix thousands of different hues with a 10 bottle set.
34- Practical lab.
The most important part of our course is practical hands one experience, we have hundreds of volunteers waiting for our students to practice on them.
35- Magnum Shaders
The art of tattooing cannot be achieved without learning how to master the magnum shader
36- Water Color Tattoos
During the course we review some of the great watercolor tattoos emerging today and discuss the techniques and needles used to do this effect